Saturday, September 18, 2010

Paintin's


25 Concepts. oil, acrylic, ink, glitter, and paper on canvas. 40" x 58".





Untitled. oil on canvas. 40" x 58".





Mary and Celia. oil on canvas. 25" x 38".





Nicolette. oil on canvas. 30" x 40".




I've been in the Bay Area for the past 4(ish?) months. I took an academic leave from Wesleyan, and I started school at the San Francisco Art Institute about a month ago. They have amazing facilities and I've been painting as much as possible to take advantage of that. Here are a few paintings I've made since moving to San Francisco. I'll post more as I make them and get around to photographing them.

Miss y'all,
Chaves

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Alex, these abstract paintings are out of control good. they have such balance and the compositions feel very settled and whole. I love the subtlety and texture of 25 concepts and Untitled just feels so juicy and complete. you're an awesome painter and your voice is getting good and loud... amazing.

lots of love!
-elizabeth