Hi,
I am writing to ask for your participation in a project I am just beginning. For a while now I have wanted to make some kind of an encyclopedia based on my own understanding of how things are/look/work. To do this, I have started drawing from memory things that I consider to be general knowledge, like what lungs look like, or cells, or bike parts, or the shape of Texas etc. I started this a few years ago, but then put it down. Thinking about it again, it seems like it would be best as a group effort rather than a chronicle of my own misunderstandings. As a group project I think this could be a more thorough exploration of what "general knowledge" is, and offer richer and more complex result.
If you want to participate, I will email you a list once a week with several items to draw, and ask you all to draw as many of them as you feel like, in pen, without looking at any references. Just draw the thing however you think it works, in as much detail as you can. Label things-- but don't look up anything for spelling or accuracy. These drawings can be really fast, or they can be more involved if you feel like it. These are some I did today.
Email me at contact@carastewart.com if you want to participate and we can talk specifics.
Here is a preliminary list of items to get you thinking:
- A map of the US (put in as many states as you want)
- the shape of your home state
- a bicycle
- how a knee works
- the bones in a foot
- a pulley
- a muffler
- a cell
- the heart
- the lungs
- the parts of a blender
Looking forward to hearing from you.
-Cara
Looking forward to hearing from you.
-Cara




No comments:
Post a Comment