Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hey

Hey everyone,

So - I've been living in Stuttgart, Germany for the past two months with Brad Alexander, and I've enrolled as a guest student at the art academy.

Recently, a friend, Manuel Scheiwiller, asked me to contribute something to an exhibition that he was curating at a project space in Basel, Switzerland called "Raum zur Kunst." I decided to put together an "exhibition project" - I packed a suitcase with artworks by friends in Stuttgart and pictures of works by friends back in the states, and then Manuel traveled with the suitcase to Basel and installed the works (more or less) based on my instructions.


There were physical contributions from Brad Alexander, Eugenie Dalland, Daniel Herleth, Jong Hyun Park, Erik Sturm, Julien Viala, and Pedro Wirz. And, there were reproductions of contributions from Jesse Coburn, Terry Conrad, Travis Fitzgerald, Chaz Ganster, David Goodman, Mark Kelley, and Cameron Rowland. More info here and here.

Also, here in Stuttgart, Manuel, Pedro, and I put together a show at the project space Hermes und der Pfau. We've designed an installation for the gallery that will change a bunch of times as well as a series of events to run throughout the month of April. Here's the gallery's website: http://hermesundderpfau.com/.

Lastly, I've started writing a column for BOMB Magazine's blog. (BOMB is a contemporary art magazine based in Brooklyn.) Last month there was a conversation that I had with Brad. And this month, there will be a conversation (and/or maybe a video of the conversation) that I did with Manuel, Pedro, and the project space organizers as an event for the exhibition. Here are the articles that I've written: http://bombsite.powweb.com/?author=69.

See you around!

1 comment:

katie shelly said...

i only ask this because one day you will be a famous curator and/or critic, and you will be asked again:

where the ladies at?

with concern, and with love!
-katie