Tuesday, June 30, 2009

breakfast/bizarre love triangle












Hey, this blog is so great. I check it so often. I don't know, this is all so great.

I got carried away cooking breakfast and so I made that^ story. Yum!

excited for more cascus. cascuses? caschi?

j.

8 comments:

Rod! said...

I like this sequence alot. lately i've been having this crazy idea that i want to go to cooking school. this is pushing me in that direction. after all, people are much more likely to consider the hibachi chef as an artist because they can observe the process of food preparation, rather than the ever popular black box approach to the kitchen as a place from where only prepared dishes and profanity issue forth.


also, this looks delicious!

claire said...

i was talking to lea the other day about cooking as theater. An important previous realization in my art making trajectory was that i was interested in performance but not in performing. I was thinking about how cooking fit into this context just the other day. There is a moment when you give something to someone to taste, or when you sit down to a meal you've made with someone, a group of people. you watch their faces as they bite into something --if they are close to you they'll give you a straight up review, but othertimes you have to read them. Perhaps with a little salt or some hot sauce they'll be even happier. I keep making the same dishes over and over again but with subtle improvements. each meal presented is like a performance, an experience. when its eaten, its gone, and it can be replicated, but never in exactly the same way...

Jack Fox said...

Jaime, who are you?

Also, if you just add an apostrophe you get j'aime. I bet you never noticed that before.

Jaime said...

who am i I am someone whose middle name happens to be Noel. J'aime noel.

Yeah. Yeah I am into this idea of food/cooking as performance. The preparation, the presentation. The eating, the experience! Presentation vs. creation of the meal as performance. Hopefully going to take cooking lessons in Chile this semester, will be thinking about this.

Has anybody seen Food Party?

celia said...

I LOVE FOOD PARTY

Travis said...

Jaime. Your food is a mess. But it as golden as your heart.

claire said...

dear crack rox,
meet jaime. he was the crazy sexy professor in that insane performance i worked on in the spring.
you remember.

dear jaime. all you need to know about jack fox is that he is insurmountably beautiful.

that is all.

silvie deutsch said...

i miss jaime a lot

but im eating a lot of avocados every day so maybe we are having some sort of mutual sensual experience together somehow