I just made a little series of photos after constructing my very first garment. Not sure how I feel about it, this is a really new (and unexpected) direction. But, wanted to share because I think they're funny (and maybe interesting?). I printed them on Mylar so there is this transparency effect in the highlights in the actual prints. Thinking about lightboxes for them too. Photo (as well as sewing and photoshop) is really new to me, but who knows. Thinking about advertising, erasure, memory, sports, nomadic identity, fashion, Jenny Holzer and Barbara Kruger "truisms", etc. for this project. Gotta a buttload of new paintings to drop on you guys soon. ;).


2 comments:
i like this idea alot, and i think it has a lot of exciting possibilities to discover. my critique at its current stage is that the imagery/text is sort of flirting with meaning, but ultimately seems devoid of content. push the content!
excited for yr new paintings.... !!
text=funnyyy
Post a Comment