As many of you may know, I plan on riding my bicycle across the country this fall with a friend of mine named Alec. We'll be stealth camping along the way, and our monetary expenditures will be limited to food and supplies (such as panniers, racks, hammocks, spare tubes, tools). Now, while I'm doing handyman work here and there and making money slowly, I fear that I may finish the summer with less than I'd like to begin the trip in possession of.
Here's where you, yes you, come in. I need to brainstorm some creative fundraising ideas if I'm going to be confident leaving Boston in the fall. Claire already said bakesales, so that's certainly an option. Anybody got some more?
While I hate to pester you for the simple purpose of monetary accumulation, I'm really not sorry.
Any ideas would be great, and please limit the "sell your body to older men on craigslist" act to a minimum. I tried it, they want blondes.
Love you like Tyra loves Vaseline,
Crack Rox
1 comment:
yo jack,
have you thought about maybe making some sort of page on facebook or similar sites about your trip....just any networking site that you could forward to family, friends and more.....and then insert a paypal donate button? All you need is to sign up for paypal if you dont already have an account (its free) and then set up the button through paypal's site and your good to go. This way anyone who wanted to support you just for the hell of it could get some money to you..,,
its not a solution in itself but could add some needed revenue...anyway think about it and best of luck on your trip!
Post a Comment