

So I've been doing a bit of handyman work around the town recently. I built a deck for some suburban family friends, and I also built a set of bookshelves for Sara'o's mom. If I had pictures of those, I wouldn't post them because you probably already know what they look like.
HOWEVER, I made a tattoo gun with a 9v electric motor, an old pen, a piece of bent metal, some guitar string, some hose clamps and an old cell phone charger. The guitar string is soon to be replaced/modified with/for a real tattoo needle that I ordered on the world wide web (which is a really neat place) but I feel my parents might be a bit worried when a package arrives for me from "the needle supply".
Anyway, there's a screw attached to the motor a bit off-center, so that when I attach the guitar string to it, it moves up and down (and side to side but that doesn't matter). It's cool, I tattooed a banana, and then I though the ink was gone but actually I think I just tattooed a small line onto my forearm.
Everytime I talk to my father about the new machine he looks very disappointed in me. He made me promise I wouldn't use it on myself. I did not promise.
I expect this new toy to be a dangerous thing to have around.
I love you. Yeah this means you.
4 comments:
Oh it works. I just tattooed a line onto my foot.
i give you my right foot. start thinking.
That's pretty cool. How did you attach the screw? Also, what's the voltage on the cell phone charger?(Claire wants one- and I'm thinking the drawing machine could be converted pretty easily.)
-C
I found some little picture hanger piece of plastic with a small hole that fit snugly over the engine shaft (I didn't spend too much time looking for the perfect part). Then I just drilled another hole in it and screwed the screw in. Although, before that, I ground down the screw right by the head so that it wouldn't catch on the wire.
The transformer puts out 5v, and it runs pretty quick. I haven't tried it with a 9v charger because I don't really need it any faster.
Post a Comment