For those of you who did not know, up until a week and a half ago I was partying and artying it pretty hard with our lovelies Cara, Elizabeth, Claire, Josh, and Zack. It was the best. Portland is a pretty lovely place filled with inspirational people and places.
Now I am in a new place with all new people, most of them teenagers. I am in Putney, Vermont where for the next six weeks I will be one of the 18 dormheads primarily responsible for 120 emotional, pubescent, artsy-fartsy teens. Oh shit.
I will also be doing my own work here so more on that when I do anything worthwhile.
In the meantime, I have to say how great it has been to see the work that you are all producing or thinking about all over the country. This blog was and is an ingenious idea that I hope will continue to spread. The caliber of the conversation is lovely to see and makes me all warm and fuzzy inside whenever I talk about "my friends" to the people over here.
I do have something small to post. While in Portland I completed two projects. The first was this two tile mosaic (if that actually counts, I just don't know what else to call it) that I installed on the sidewalk outside the house, directly in front of the door. Here are a few pictures of it.

The second project will be coming soon. As I write this I am also trying to get my 8 kids out the door and on their way to breakfast, which is a very difficult thing to do with a bunch of 16-17 year olds. This is going to be a weird summer.
I love you all. Thanks so much for this.
EDIT: We had breakfast. By the time I got to the coffee, it was all gone. I cursed them all.
4 comments:
Travis, I'm 30 minutes west of you all summer long in Bennington. if you need respite from the trials of adolescents (and you're allowed to get away) you're welcome to come visit.
You can even put a little mosaic in front my house if it'll make you feel a little more at home
I have something that will make you happy!
A very drunk woman got all excited at the end of the alley when she saw we had an opening, cause she said she's been by a number of times and always wondered what it was but was too awkward to walk down, so she'd walked around the street and saw the 'home' tile before and figured out the people running it must live there.
THUS it works!!!
Hooray I have helped!
Angus,
I am off every weekday morning from 9-11:45. Also, I get a 22 hr. break this upcoming Thursday from 5:30 thurs. to 3:30 Friday. Besides that my time off is pretty damn limited. But I want to see you so let's work something out. Let's talk on that lovely modern device known as the telephone.
Post a Comment